Coverage Highlights and Options
– Provides coverage for medical professional liability claims which occur on or after a retroactive date and are reported during the policy period or an extended reporting period, if applicable.
– Individual professional liability coverage limits available of up to $2,000,000 per claim.
Broad Definition of Insured
– Shared coverage provided for all non-physician employees, students and volunteers while acting within their scope of duties; separate limits offered for an additional premium.
Partnership and Corporation Professional Liability coverage
– Separate coverage available as needed.
Locum Tenens Coverage
– Available for temporary absences from professional practice.
Vicarious Liability Coverage
– Included on individual policies.
Consent to Settle
– Coverys will not settle a claim or suit without the named insured’s written consent, where approved.
Professional Conduct Review Coverage
– Provides reimbursement of up to $25,000 for legal defense costs for licensing board matters and associated investigation activities arising out of professional services rendered to a patient.
Sexual Misconduct Defense Coverage
– Provides reimbursement of up to $100,000 for legal expenses relating to allegations of sexual misconduct of a patient.
Cyber Liability Coverage
– Free coverage for cyber liability is included as part of the coverage.
Extended Reporting Period Coverage
– Free endorsement for an extended reporting period (also known as “tail” coverage) is available in the event of death, disability and retirement; for a retirement tail, certain eligibility requirements may apply.
Innovative Risk Management and Education –
The Coverys risk management team includes experts and leaders in healthcare, patient safety and healthcare liability prevention and defense. We also provide educational programs and options to fit different learning styles and time constraints, including online programs.
Your practice requires a professional liability insurance provider that understands the risks associated with podiatric treatment. Coverys is that provider. We offer insurance protection, strong defense of claims and targeted risk control to provide the highest quality insurance program and coverage that respond to your needs.